COLORADO SPRINGS– The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has shared over fifteen ways you can volunteer your time during the coronavirus pandemic.
The in-person volunteer opportunities are with organizations that are identified as “critical businesses” according to Public Health Order 20-24 signed by Governor Jared Polis.
The CDPHE says these organizations are taking measures to prioritize the health and safety of volunteers helping to support their critical services.
Volunteer Opportunities (Local & immediate need)
- Catholic Charities (719–866-6559 or VolunteerOffice@ccharitiescc.org)
- Care and Share
- Colorado Springs Promise Food Distribution (April 2nd and 9th)
- Crossfire Ministries (Drivers needed)
- Crossfire Ministries (Food pantry)
- Citizen’s Project- (email email@example.com for virtual opportunities to help with Census 2020)
- Donate Blood
- Early Connections (volunteer from home opportunity)
- Emergency Disaster Relief Volunteer
- Foster or adopt an animal
- Medical Reserve Corps of El Paso County
- Partners in Housing
- Salvation Army
- Silver Key
- United Way (ongoing opportunities)
>>For more information on the coronavirus and how you can reduce your risk, click here.