Utility worker injured in fire caused by damaged gas line

Top Stories

COLORADO SPRINGS — A Colorado Springs Utilites employee is expected to recover from injuries sustained when a damaged gas line sparked a fire in a Springs neighborhood on Monday.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department responded to 3980 BarrelWood Court, which is located northeast of the intersection of East Woodmen and Rangewood.

Fire officials told a FOX21 News crew on scene that CSU workers were addressing a power outage in the area and inadvertently damaged a gas line, which sparked a small fire. There is no evidence of a gas leak, but gas was still shut off to residences nearby until around 7 p.m. Monday.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Stories

More Local