(PAGOSA SPRINGS, Colo.) (KDVR) — Sometimes all it takes is a trip to a spa resort to rejuvenate the mind and body. One Colorado resort was named the best in the whole country.
USA Today’s 10Best combines a list of 20 nominees for contests that cover food, lodging, and travel. Then, readers get to make the final decision and vote for their favorite picks.
The Springs Resort and Spa is home to 25 mineral pools in one of Colorado’s most picturesque mountain towns. The resort said its pools contain 13 minerals: Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Lithium, Iron, Manganese, and more.
“The Springs Resort is built around one of the Earth’s original wellness destinations. The physical, mental, and spiritual benefits of our hot springs run deep,” said the resort on its website.
The resort sits in a small southwestern town that was named after its healing powers.
“It’s no wonder when the Southern Ute Indian tribe discovered the waters bubbling forth from the Mother Spring hundreds of years ago, they named it Pagosa – from the Ute word meaning ‘healing waters,'” said the Springs Resort.
According to USA Today, the resort is also home to the world’s deepest geothermal hot spring.
The Springs Resort claimed the number one spot, but the following nine resorts also made USA Today’s 10Best list:
- The Springs Resort and Spa – Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- Sundara Inn and Spa – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Lake Austin Spa Resort – Austin, Texas
- The Lodge at Woodloch – Hawley, Pennsylvania
- Mii amo – Sedona, Arizona
- Ojo Caliente – Ojo Caliente, New Mexico
- Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa – Tucson, Arizona
- CIVANA Wellness Resort and Spa – Carefree, Arizona
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort Spa and Wellness – Bedford, Pennsylvania
- Miraval Austin Resort and Spa – Austin, Texas
Colorado places in the top 10 in a few other USA Today votes, including best brewpub, hot springs, and art districts.