(SOUTHERN COLORADO) — On this blustery National American Beer Day, enjoying a nice beer inside a warm local brewery is the perfect way to celebrate.
Southern Colorado boasts a multitude of local breweries, so check one out in your area. FOX 21 has compiled a list of the best breweries in the Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Woodland Park/Divide and Fountain areas.
- Walter Brewing Company – Located at 126 Oneida Street in Pueblo, Walter Brewing Company has been around since the late 1800s according to the brewery’s website. Check out their taproom with up to 30 taps filled at a time.
- Brues Alehouse Brewing Co. – Located at 140 Riverwalk Place in Pueblo, Brues Alehouse is “driven by our love of craft beer, culinary arts, and community growth” according to their website.
- Shamrock Brewing Company – Located at 108 West 3rd Street in Pueblo, Shamrock Brewing Company’s website says, “As an American craft brewery, we occasionally brew outside the box, creating new and unique beers that push the envelope.”
Colorado Springs area:
- Seven’s Gate Taproom – Located at 77 South 7th Street on Colorado Spring’s west side, Seven’s Gate Taproom is a Cerberus Taproom that features 20 craft beer taps, is bike-themed, and most importantly is dog-friendly according to their website.
- Batch Slapped Brewery/Cidery – Located at 5859 Palmer Park Boulevard, Batch Slapped hosts a number of events throughout the month with “Boos, Brews, and Automobiles” coming up this weekend according to “The Haps” part of their website.
- Black Forest Brewing – Located at 11590 Black Forest Road, #50 in Black Forest, and 10610 Maltese Point in Falcon, Black Forest Brewing’s website says they are all about being a “truly local brewery.”
- FH Beerworks – Located at 2490 North Powers Frontage Road in Colorado Springs, FH Beerworks serves their own locally brewed craft beer, craft root beer, and seltzer according to their website.
- Trinity Brewing – Located at 1466 Garden of the Gods Road, Trinity offers a selection of seasonal beers with interesting and unique flavors, as well as the core favorites, along with mouth-watering food options and a cozy atmosphere. They are even open for breakfast Friday – Sunday! Check out their plentiful offerings on their website.
- Pikes Peak Brewing Co. Monument Brewing – Located at 1756 Lake Woodmoor Drive in Monument, Pikes Peak Brewing’s website boasts a taproom, dog-friendly beer garden, and charcuterie including menu.
- Urban Animal Beer Co. – Located at 3629 Star Ranch Road in Colorado Springs, Urban Animal Beer Co. says on their website “We are beer professionals, but ultimately we’re just a bunch of beer loving Urban Animals figuring it all out in real time just like you!”
- Manitou Brewing Co. – Located at 725 Manitou Avenue in Manitou Springs, Manitou Brewing Co. claims on its website to be the closest brewery to Pikes Peak. “All of our beer is born from the pristine waters located near the top of the peak.”
Woodland Park and Divide:
- Bierwerks – Located at 121 East Midland Avenue in Woodland Park, Bierwerks boast of being a local hangout since 2010 and features year-round cheese platters according to its website.
- Paradox Beer Company – Located at 10 Buffalo Court in Divide, Paradox Beer Company boasts on their website, “Where modern brewing processes collide headlong into ancient brewing techniques.”
- Peak N Pines Brewing Company – Located at 212 West Illinois Avenue in Fountain, Peaks N Pines website states, “Born out of the dreams and aspirations of four beer enthusiasts, Peaks N Pines was built on the standard of serving great beer to great people.”