SUMMIT COUNTY, Colo. — Arapahoe Basin Ski Area in Summit County, Colorado, will open for limited spring skiing and riding on Wednesday, May 27.
This follows approval of Summit County’s request for a variance from the state public health order by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. At this time, closing day is still to be determined.
Visitors to A-Basin will be limited each day via an online reservation system. There are only two ways to ski or ride A-Basin during this time: pre-booking a free reservation with a valid pass, or purchasing a day ticket in advance.
Reservations can be made 36 hours in advance of when a person intends to come. There will be no on-site opportunities to obtain a ticket or reservation
- Reservations are required for access.
- Physical distancing will be enforced and guests must wear face coverings in designated areas.
- Lift lines have been re-designed to keep people 6 feet apart.
- Guests will not be allowed to ride the lift with anyone not in their immediate party.
- Terrain is limited. Expect spring conditions.
- Tailgating and other gatherings will not be allowed.
- Anyone who feels sick or who is considered high risk should stay home.
Note: This is not an experience suitable for beginners. To reduce injury risk, A-Basin recommends only experienced skiers and riders.
Ticket sales begin May 25 at 7:00 p.m.