DENVER (KDVR) — The two men who rushed the field during the Colorado Rockies game against the Atlanta Braves were arrested for trespassing and disturbing the peace, according to the Denver Police Department.

Jefferson Gonzales-Merida, 23, and Carlos Rivelo-Paiz, 21, were identified as the two men who ran onto Coors Field and accosted Atlanta Braves star Ronald Acuña Jr.

During the seventh inning of Monday night’s game, Gonzales-Merida and Rivelo-Paiz got onto the field without permission and approached Acuña. According to the Associated Press, one of them was able to get his arms around Acuña, but DPD did not identify which suspect touched the outfielder.

Shortly after entering the field, Coors Field staff grabbed the two suspects and escorted them away where Denver Police officers took them into custody.

  • Field guards hold back a fan as he exchanges words with Atlanta Braves right fielder Ronald Acuna Jr., right, as second baseman Ozzie Albies (1) looks on
  • Field guards haul away one of two fans who approached Atlanta Braves right fielder Ronald Acuna Jr. (13)
  • Atlanta Braves right fielder Ronald Acuna Jr., bottom center, ends up on the turf as field guards wrestle down two fans
  • Fiueld guards carry away one of two fans who approached Atlanta Braves right fielder Ronald Acuna Jr.

Gonzales-Merida and Rivelo-Paiz were arrested on counts of trespassing and disturbing the peace.

Denver Police also said that a third person, a juvenile male, briefly got onto the field before returning to the stands. That person was apprehended by Coors Field staff and is accused of trespassing.

Following the incident, Acuña confirmed he wasn’t injured and remained in the game.

“I was a little scared at first,” Acuña said through an interpreter. “I think the fans were out there and asking for pictures. I really couldn’t say anything because at that point, security was already there and we were already kind of tangled up, but security was able to get there and everything’s OK. We’re all OK and I hope they’re OK.”

Denver Police said further counts will not be pursued.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.