COLORADO — Starting Friday, Dec. 17, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment will send text notifications to parents and guardians of children ages 5-11 in Colorado who have not yet received a first dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
Pediatric vaccines are available at the state’s large community vaccination sites that can also accommodate primary vaccinations and booster doses for older Coloradans. Many of these sites can accommodate up to 1,000 doses per day on weekends.
CDPHE will send text messages to parents and guardians of children whose records in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS) indicate they:
- Are between the ages of 5 and 11.
- Have not received a first dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- Are within a 5-10 mile radius of one of the following community vaccination sites:
- Arapahoe Community College (Lot B), 5900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton CO, 80120
- Aurora Municipal Center (drive-thru), 15151 E. Alameda Pkwy., Aurora, CO 80012
- Ball Arena, 1000 Chopper Circle, Denver, CO 80204
- Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Citadel Mall (parking lot next to JCPenney), 680 Citadel Dr E., Colorado Springs CO, 80909
- Douglas County Fairgrounds, 500 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock, CO
- Jefferson Marketplace, 8194 S. Kipling Pkwy., Littleton, CO 80127
- La Plata County Fairgrounds, 2500 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
- Mesa County Community Services Building 510 29 1/2 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81504
- Pueblo Mall, 3201 Dillon Drive, Pueblo, CO 81008
- Weld County Clerk and Recorder Building, 1250 H St., Greeley, CO 80631
The text messages will go to over 41,000 Coloradans. The text messages will be sent from 45778. More information can be found on the Where You Can Get Vaccinated page.
Continue to stay up to date by visiting covid19.colorado.gov.