The public is being asked to come out to several town halls in Colorado Springs to help shape the future of homelessness policy by the city.
Homelessness related issues are among the most frequent complaints the city receives. A series of six town halls will be held around Colorado Springs from October through December.
All Town Halls are 6-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17-Westside Community Center, 1628 W Bijou St.
- Thursday, Oct. 25-City Hall, 107 N. Nevada (Downtown related issues)
- Thursday, Nov. 15-Police Operations Center, 705 S. Nevada (Enforcement related)
- Wednesday, Nov. 28-Patty Jewett Golf Course, 900 East Espanola Street
- Wednesday, Dec. 5-Fire Station 8, 3737 Airport Road
- Thursday, Dec. 13-Westside Community Center, 1628 W. Bijou St.
City Council President Richard Skorman and the City’s Homelessness Prevention and Response Coordinator Andy Phelps will lead the town halls