COLORADO SPRINGS — Pikes Peak United Way needs your help to make sure local students have everything they need to start the 2021-2022 school year off right.
The Backpack Bash is a campaign meant to gather school materials often found on El Paso County school supply lists.
The campaign hopes to serve close to 15,000 students around the county.
“This is really a community effort and so we really are relying on the community to supply us with not only these backpacks, again 15,000 perhaps backpacks, but also the school supplies that kids need that need to go in these backpacks,” said COSILoveYou Executive Director Stu Davis. “You think about pencils and erasers and notebooks and folders and all the things that kids rely on when they need to go back to school. We want to stuff every one of these backpacks with school supplies so that every kid has a great start to the school year.”
- High School and Elementary School Backpacks (Backpacks can be themed (Frozen, Superhero, etc.) and can have a creator logo on them (Adidas, Nike, Columbia, etc.). Officials ask that they don’t have a private company/nonprofit logo on them.
- Spiral notebook – college and wide ruled
- 3 ring binders
- Pens – blue/black/red
- Plastic pocket folders
- Face masks
- Mechanical pencils
- Colored pencils
- Loose-leaf college ruled paper
- 3×5 index cards
- Scientific/basic calculators
- Thumb drives
- Dry erase markers
- Kleenex packets
- Individual hand sanitizer
- Sanitizer wipes
For a list of drop-off locations, click here.