Popular ‘Hugging Dog’ in NYC now homeless after Christmas Day fire

National

A beloved dog in New York known for giving hugs could use a hug herself right now. 

A fire ripped through her owner’s Chelsea apartment on Christmas Day, leaving them and several residents homeless.

Instagram famous Louboutina and her owner Cesar Fernandez Chavez were out for a stroll when the fire ripped through the building.

“That’s not usually the time I walk her but I was like, ‘hey girl, let’s go for a walk to CVS.’ And thank God I did that,” Chavez said.

They lived next to the unit where the fire began. All the belongings he was able to save fit inside a few plastic bags.

Back in the fall, Loni Edwards’ Internet famous pup Chloe the mini frenchie died in a rare medical accident during a routine procedure at a local animal hospital. Still grieving, Edwards started a GoFundMe page for Louboutina and Chavez to help get them back on their feet.

So far over $46,000 has been raised.

“It really means a lot,” Chavez said.

Chavez and Louboutina will be in a hotel for the next two nights. He isn’t sure where they’ll go after that. Chavez said he knows Louboutina will at least be by his side.

“It’s everything I need actually,” he said.

If you’d like to donate and help Louboutina and Chavez, you can visit their GoFundMe page here.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Stories

More Local