A Red Flag Warning is in effect all day Sunday as gusty winds and low humidity continue, leading to a high fire danger for all of southeastern Colorado.
Authorities are reminding people to check the area for fire if smoke is seen before calling 911.
Crews are working to contain several fires this afternoon:
- A grass fire is burning on Fort Carson east of Highway 115. No information at this time of size, containment, or structures threatened.
- Crews are responding to fire near N. Meridian and Hodgen Roads. Wind is blowing smoke into surrounding areas.
- Crews are responding to a fire in the area of 16000 blk Buggy Whip. Please avoid the area. Watch for incoming fire apparatus.
- Large fire burning in Elbert County near Kiowa. The fire has burned under 400 acres so far and is 80 percent contained. Authorities report no injuries at this time.
- Crews continue to monitor Saturday’s fire in the area of E. Las Vegas Street and Hwy 24 near Rocky Top Resources.