Colorado Springs Youth Sports will be operating a TreeCycle event to reduce tree waste and provide free mulch to residents.
For a suggested minimum donation of $5 per tree, residents can drop off Christmas trees. One-hundred percent of donations received will benefit local youth with Colorado Springs Youth Sports, a charitable nonprofit organization that operates the El Pomar Youth Sports Park.
Trees and donations will be accepted from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 30 and 31 and Jan. 6 and 7 at the following locations:
- Baptist Road Trailhead (Baptist Rd. and Old Denver Hwy)
- Falcon Trailhead (SW of Woodmen Rd. and McLaughlin Rd.)
- Cottonwood Creek Park (Dublin Blvd. and Montarbor Dr.)
- Sky Sox Stadium (Barnes Rd. and Tutt Blvd.)
- Rock Ledge Ranch (Gateway Rd. and 30th St.)
- Memorial Park (Pikes Peak Ave. and Union Blvd.)
Trees and donations can also be made at Rocky Top Resources located at 1755 E. Las Vegas St. from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays from Dec. 26 to 29 and Jan. 2 to 31.
All decorations must be removed from trees prior to drop-off.