COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Mayor’s Office is accepting nominations for the annual Mayor’s Young Leader Awards from today until Monday. Aug. 30. Nominations must be submitted via ColoradoSprings.gov/MYLA.
The awards are meant to celebrate the successes of Colorado Springs-based young professionals ages 40 and under who have positively impacted the community. City employees are not eligible.
The six award categories are as follows:
- Community and economic impact: an individual who has positively impacted the community and local economy through their business, community involvement or events. This impact could include job creation, workforce development, volunteer efforts, board service, or the development of an innovative business model that promotes social goals
- Creative industry: an individual who uses the power of art and business to make a positive, creative impact
- Education: an individual who uses non-traditional approaches to improve future generations through education
- Military leader: an individual who leads by example of their integrity and excellence in service
- Sports, health & wellness: an individual who stands out in any sport or health and wellness sector, as an entrepreneur, events or volunteer commitments, or as a health and wellness advocate that improves the lives of those in the community
- Technology and sustainability: an individual who enhances technology and/or sustainability, improves efficiency, increases performance, provides innovative results or pursues sustainable initiatives
Winners will be announced during an award ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 28 from 5:00 p.m. until 7 p.m. at a location still to be determined.