Light bulb explodes, sparks fire in Colorado Springs marijuana grow

Local
Firefighters fight a fire at a marijuana grow house in Colorado Springs April 25. Colorado Springs Fire Department

An exploding light bulb sparked a fire in a Colorado Springs marijuana grow house last month, according to fire investigators. 

The fire started around 7:45 a.m. April 25 in a licensed commercial marijuana grow house at 2222 East Boulder Street. Firefighters said about 12 plants were affected by the fire. No one was injured.

Investigators determined the fire started when a light bulb exploded and ejected hot materials into the plants. Investigators said the fixture and bulb had been installed by licensed electricians, according to building code. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Stories

More Local