This story was last updated Monday. Tap here for the latest on the fire.
The High Chateau Fire, or Chateau Fire, burning in Teller and Park counties has burned 1,328 acres and is 15 percent contained as of Monday evening.
More than 1,000 homes are under mandatory or pre-evacuation orders. The sheriff’s office said evacuees can expect to be out of their homes through the beginning of the week.
An estimated four to five structures have been reported burned. The sheriff’s office hasn’t been able to determine if these were homes or outbuildings.
Resources fighting the fire include four hand crews, 14 engines, a water tender, and shared helicopter resources with the Weston Pass Fire. As of Monday morning, 205 people are working the fire.
The following subdivisions have been evacuated:
- Slater Creek Road
- Eagle Crest Ranch at Slater Creek
- Sunrise Ridge
- Chateau West
- Highland Meadows
- Dome Rock Ranch
- Living Forest Estates
- High Chateau Ranch
- Lookout Point Road
- Both sides of County Road 12
- The west side of Teller one from County Road 11 to County Road 12
- Doe Valley in Park County
- Park Ridge in Park County
- Pike Meadow in Park County
- Four Mile Ranch in Park County
- Olson Slater Creek in Park County
- Ponderosa in Park County
- B Lazy M. Ranch
- Deer Mountain Road
- Ranch Resort East
- All residents from Evergreen to High Chateau along Teller 11
- From Teller 1 to Highland Meadows
- West of Teller 1 to Highway 112.
- Sand Born Ranch
- All areas east of Teller 11 and east of Teller 1
- La Montana Mesa
- Las Brisas
- Evergreen Station
The Red Cross has opened evacuation shelters at Cripple Creek/Victor High School and Woodland Park High School.
Large and small animals can be taken to the Cripple Creek Fairgrounds on Teller County Road 1.
The following roads are closed due to the fire:
- Teller County Road 11
- Teller County Road 12
- Teller County Road 111
- Teller County Road 1, between Deer Mountain to County Road 11
Donations are being accepted at the Teller County Sheriff’s Office.
This is a developing story. Stay with FOX21 News for the latest.