COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Several of Colorado’s seasonal mountain passes will open later than usual this year, according to CDOT.
Most seasonal highways usually open for the summer on Memorial Day weekend. Here are the target opening dates for 2020, according to CDOT:
- State Highway 5 – Mount Evans Highway – early July
- State Highway 82 – Independence Pass between Twin Lakes and Aspen – June 1
- Trail Ridge Road between Estes Park and Grand Lake (Rocky Mountain National Park) – Date to be determined
- Guanella Pass between Georgetown and Grant – Date to be determined
- Kebler Pass between Crested Butte and the Paonia area – May 21
- Cottonwood Pass between Buena Vista and Gunnison County – June 1
Drivers can visit cotrip.org or call 511 to check each highway’s status before heading out.