Crews respond to apartment fire near Memorial Park Monday morning

Local

Prospect Park Apartment fire / FOX21 Chief Photojournalist Mike Duran

UPDATE: Upon investigation by the Colorado Springs Fire Department, the apartment fire has been ruled an accident from something left on the stove.

One individual has been taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Crews responded to an apartment fire on South Union Boulevard late Monday morning.

According to the Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD), around 10 a.m., the Engine 23 crew responded to 825 S Union Blvd. for reports of smoke coming from an apartment window.

Firefighters began performing ladder rescues from the 3rd floor, bringing two people down who were unable to get out of the building.

Around 10:50 a.m. CSFD tweeted that the fire was out. No cause for the fire has been released at this time.

Crews say no one has been transported to the hospital but multiple people are being evaluated for smoke inhalation. The incident is still under investigation.

FOX21 has a crew on scene. Check back for updates.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Stories

More Local