FREMONT COUNTY, Colo. — A DNA match for 46-year-old Matthew Allan Rodgers leads to arrest in 2018 homicide, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the District Attorney Kaitlin Turner announced Thursday.
Rodgers was arrested on several charges after fatal house fire left 76-year-old Kenneth Orchard dead.
Deputies said around 9:30 a.m. on May 22, 2018 firefighters were called to a fire at a home on Pinion Avenue in Cañon City. While they were fighting the fire, they found Orchard dead inside.
Rodgers was arrested on the following charges:
- 1st Degree Homicide, Class 1 Felony
- 1st Degree Arson, Class 3 Felony
- 1st Degree Burglary, Class 3 Felony
- Crimes against an at-risk adult, Class 4 Felony
- Tampering with a deceased human body, Class 3 Felony
- Tampering with physical evidence, Class 6 Felony
Rodgers is currently being held at the Fremont County Detention Center with no bond according to deputies.
No further information is available for release at this time.