The Labor Day Lift Off, Colorado Springs’ annual balloon festival, is back for another year.
The free event is held in Memorial Park. In addition to the balloons, families can enjoy chainsaw carving competitions, donut eating championships, live music, a beer garden, and paddleboarding on Prospect Lake.
The festival includes morning sessions Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and evening sessions Saturday and Sunday.
- Balloon lift off at 7 a.m. each day, weather permitting
- Balloon glows at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- A performance by the USAFA Wings of Blue parachute jumpers at 9:30 a.m. Sunday
The following roads will be closed from 5 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday:
- Pikes Peak Avenue, between Hancock Avenue and Union Avenue
- Union Boulevard, between Pikes Peak Avenue and Eastlake Boulevard
- Hancock Avenue, between Pikes Peak Avenue and Costilla Street
The following roads will be open to local traffic only:
- All streets and alleys running north to south between Kiowa Street and Pikes Peak Avenue (Sheridan Avenue, Foote Avenue, Logan Avenue, Farragut Avenue and Meade Avenue), between Hancock Avenue to Union Boulevard
- Cucharras Street and Vermijo Avenue, between Cedar Street and Hancock Avenue
Pedestrians are encouraged to cross Pikes Peak Avenue at Foote Avenue, Logan Avenue, or Farragut Avenue. These crosswalks will be marked and lighted during the event.
Handicap-accessible parking will be available at the Sertich Ice Center parking lots. Get there by entering the park via Pikes Peak Avenue and Printers Parkway.