FORT CARSON, Colo. — A free job fair and transition summit for service members, veterans and military spouses will be held Tuesday, September 13 and Wednesday, September 14 on Fort Carson’s Iron Horse Physical Fitness Center (PFC) and William “Bill” Reed Special Events Center (SEC).
The summit will feature panel discussions, recruiter training and a networking reception focused on improving competitive employment for service members, veterans and military spouses.
Former President George W. Bush and Dakota Meyer, a Medal of Honor recipient, will speak at the event.
The job fair is sponsored by Fort Carson, the Bush Institute and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Here’s a schedule of events for the two-day summit:Tuesday, September 13
- Four workshop sessions (two in the morning and two in the afternoon) at the Iron Horse PFC on the following industries and subjects:– Hospitality brief – Career Skills Program Trades Brief – Healthcare and Social Assistance Brief – USDA Industry Brief – LinkedIn and Personal Branding Workshop – Military Spouse Workshop – VA for Vets Resume Writing and Federal Careers Workshop
- The afternoon session at the Elkhorn Conference Center will feature a keynote speaker, interactive forum and panel discussion for base leaders, employers and community leaders.
- Networking event for employers, job seekers and military spouses will follow at 5:30 p.m. at the Elkhorn.
Wednesday, September 14
- Morning session at SEC will feature a keynote speaker, interactive forum and panel discussion for transitioning service members and spouses.
- A hiring fair with over 100 employers will begin at 1 p.m.