EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. — The El Paso County Coalition of Candidates is continuing to battle through county and state district courts in order to have paper ballot hand recounts be statutorily required.
According to the Coalition, the hand recount would “properly certify Colorado 2022 Republican Primary races” that were held on June 28, 2022.
The Coalition will hold a meeting on Aug. 28 to update the community about the status of recounts at 6 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. at 3337 North Academy Blvd. The counsel will present specifics and details about recent and upcoming court actions.
You can watch the live stream meeting here.
A guest appearance will be made by Tina Peters, candidate for Colorado Secretary of State. Peters is also pursuing legal challenges to have paper ballot hand recounts be statutorily required in all 64 Colorado counties.
Supporters can donate to the candidates to help fund their legal efforts here. Members of the Coalition include:
- Peter Lupia, candidate for El Paso County Clerk & Recorder
- Rae Ann Weber, candidate for El Paso County Coroner
- Lynda Zamora Wilson, candidate for CO State Senate District 9
- Summer Groubert, candidate for CO State House District 18
- Lindsay Moore, candidate for El Paso County Commissioner District 1
- David Winney, candidate for El Paso County Commissioner District 5