New details about the disappearance and death of Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth were revealed during witness testimony in a preliminary hearing Tuesday. 

Patrick Frazee, 32, was in court for a hearing to determine whether he will stand trial in Berreth’s death. Berreth was last seen on November 22. On December 21, Frazee was arrested in connection with her death. Berreth and Frazee have a 1-year-old daughter together. 

>> Follow FOX21 reporter Daniela Leon for live updates from inside the courtroom

Frazee was initially charged with first-degree murder and solicitation to commit first-degree murder. Prosecutors later added charges accusing Frazee of tampering with a deceased body and two charges of committing a crime of violence, which would let the state request a harsher penalty on conviction.

Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Greg Slater testified Tuesday that Krystal Jean Lee Kenney told investigators Frazee blindfolded Berreth as she was smelling candles and then beat Berreth to death with a baseball bat on Thanksgiving Day.

Kenney said Frazee then called for her to help clean up the blood.

Kenney was interviewed by officers on December 20, the day before Frazee’s arrest. 

Kenney pled guilty earlier this month to tampering with evidence. As part of her plea deal, she agreed to testify against Frazee. 

Slater testified Kenney told investigators she and Frazee became involved in a romantic relationship in March 2018.

Slater said Kenney told police Frazee claimed Berreth abused the couple’s 1-year-old daughter. Slater said there is no evidence of abuse.

Kenney said Frazee suggested she kill Berreth on three different occasions. At one point, Frazee suggested that she drug a coffee and give it to Berreth. Police said Kenney admitted going to Berreth’s home to give her a coffee in September. Kenney said she did not tamper with that drink.

In a second attempt, Frazee encouraged Kenny to use a metal rod and assault Berreth, which she did not do.

A third attempt was made in October by Kenney to get rid of Berreth. Kenney told investigators she waited outside Berreth’s Woodland Park home with a bat, but left after hearing a dog bark.

Police searched Berreth’s Woodland Park home after she was reported missing December 2 and found no evidence inside the home. But on December 6, Berreth’s parents reported finding blood in the bathroom.

Tests later determined blood found on the toilet, the exterior of the bathtub, a trash can, electrical outlet, door hinges and a towel rack matched Berreth’s DNA profile.

Slater testified that Kenney was not present during Berreth’s murder, but arrived in Colorado on November 24 to clean up the crime scene. She described the scene inside Berreth’s home as “horrific.”

Kenney told police she brought gloves, a protective body suit, and trash bags from her home in Idaho at Frazee’s request. She said she purposefully left blood splatter for investigators. Slater noted Kenney found a tooth in the living room as she cleaned. 

>> Follow FOX21 reporter Daniela Leon for live updates from inside the courtroom.

Kenney loaded up everything collected from Berreth’s home and body and headed to Nash Ranch–a property located 30 minutes outside of Florissant–where Frazee allegedly made a fire to burn it all.

According to Kenney, Frazee had stored Berreth’s body at Nash Ranch and then burned her body outside his mother’s Florissant property. The fire burned out, and then Frazee picked up burnt remains. According to Kenney, she believed Berreth’s body was being burned at that time. Kenney told investigators Frazee had dumped the remains in a river or a dump. Berreth’s body has still yet to be found. 

In response to questioning, Slater said nothing missing from Berreth’s home was found in Frazee’s possession. It was also noted that Kenney told investigators Frazee was her first love.

Judge Scott Sells said that due to the evidence provided in court, Frazee will be held without bond. 

Sells said there is enough evidence for the trial to proceed. The next hearing will be on April 8.