BENT COUNTY, Colo. — Colorado State Patrol alerted Bent County Sheriff’s Office about a car that fled and was heading into the Las Animas area on Tuesday around 8:30 p.m.
Bent County Deputies contacted a vehicle in the 1400 block of Ambassador Thompson Blvd. The car failed to stop heading west bound onto highway 50 and led the Sheriff’s Office on a pursuit.
The suspect car was speeding so the Colorado State Patrol deployed stop-sticks in Otero County on Highway 50.
The car eventually stopped and the driver 26-year-old Justin Todisco was taken into custody. He is being held in the Bent County jail on the following charges:
- SPEEDING (40 MPH or more OVER POSTED)
- Vehicular eluding
- Obstructing a peace officer, firefighter, emergency medical
- Reckless Driving
- Reckless endangerment
- Drove vehicle while license under restraint
- Possession of weapons by previous offenders
- Eluding or attempting to elude a police officer