CAÑON CITY, Colo.– The Cañon City Police Department responded to a report on Wednesday, Aug. 18, around 8:30 p.m. that shots were fired in the 400 block of Water Street. Ten minutes later, they were informed that a victim of a gunshot wound had arrived at the hospital.
No witnesses or suspects were found on the scene.
The suspect is a 15-year-old male who is not a resident of Fremont County and now has a “No Bond” warrant issued for the following charges:
- Attempted Second Degree Murder, class 3 felony
- Assault in the First Degree, class 3 felony
- Prohibited Use of Weapons, class 2 misdemeanor
- Possession of Handguns by Juveniles, class 2 misdemeanor
- Reckless endangerment, class 3 misdemeanor
The victim is an 18-year-old male of Cañon City who was stabilized and transferred to a Colorado Springs hospital for treatment by plane. His wounds are not life-threatening.
If anyone has any information regarding the incident, please contact the Cañon City Police Department at (719) 276-5600 or the Fremont County Crime Stoppers line at (719) 275-7867.
This article will be updated as the story develops.