COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Meet FOX21’s Pets of the Week, Annie and Toby!
These two are brother and sister and the very best of friends, so they will need to go home together.
Annie and Toby are in their golden years, but are in good health!
Adoption fee is $50 for both which includes the voucher for a veterinarian exam, vaccinations, 30 days of pet health insurance, a 1-year dog license (for dogs only, not cats) and a microchip.
Come visit with Annie and Toby for yourself today!
FOX21 Pet of the Week Tips
What are the best ways to keep our cats safe this winter?
- Keep your cats indoors whenever possible.
- When starting your car up in the morning, first bang on the hood to make sure no kitties have climbed into your engine during the night.
- Antifreeze is poisonous to cats and dogs, so make sure you clean up any spills.
- Make sure your pet has a warm bed away from any drafts.
What are the best ways to keep our dogs safe?
- Always keep your dog on a leash! Snow masks scents, so they might have a harder time finding their way back to you.
- Be sure to wipe off your dogs’ legs and stomach after their walk to get all the ice, snow, and even salt, off them. Salt can really hurt dog paws, so try to wipe it off as soon as possible.
- Never shave your dog down to the skin in colder months, and consider getting a warm doggie sweater for him, especially if you have a short-haired dog.
- If your dog is an outside dog, make sure they have a warm, waterproof shelter that is raised up a few inches off the ground to keep them warm.