COLORADO SPRINGS — Meet FOX21’s Pet of the Week, Jessie!
Jessie is now looking for her retirement home. She is in decent health now, but will probably require more vet visits in the future.
She seeks attention and knows “sit” for treats.
Jessie’s adoption fee is free (a donation was made toward her adoption fee), which includes the voucher for a veterinarian exam, vaccinations, 30 days of pet health insurance, a one-year dog license, and a microchip.
FOX21’s Pet of the Week Tips
Many of us are getting our homes decorated for the holidays, so what are some safety tips for our pets?
- Make sure your tree is secure and ornaments are out of reach. Broken ornaments, toppled trees, and ingested decorations can result in a trip to the pet emergency room.
- Candles and wires can cause serious injury. Keep them out of reach of small paws to avoid burns and shocks.
- Mistletoe, holly, poinsettia, and many types of lilies are dangerous for pets. Poinsettia can cause irritation, while mistletoe and holly cause nausea and vomiting.
What should pet owners do if their pet gets hurt?
- Call your veterinarian or an emergency vet clinic immediately
- Prepare ahead of time by looking up your regular vet’s holiday hours and the closest emergency vet
Visit the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region’s website for more information!