Recipe courtesy food and wellness blogger Mary Whitlock, “The Crunchy Crusader.“Coconut Maple Almond Butter Cups
Yield: 8 Individual CupsIngredients:
1/2 Cup Coconut Butter/Coconut Manna
1/2 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
1 1/2 TBSP 100% Pure Dark Maple Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
Ingredients for Almond Butter Filling:
2 TBSP Non Sweetened Almond Butter
1 tsp 100% Pure Dark Maple SyrupDirections:
1. In a saucepan heat coconut oil and coconut butter until melted
2. Add in vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt
3. Line a muffin tin with 8 bleach free muffin/cupcake liners and pour a little over 1TBSP of coconut butter mixture into each liner. make sure not to use it all because you will need some later add on top of your almond butter!
4. Set tray in freezer and let sit for approximately 10 min so liquid can cool and begin to solid. Stir each cup every couple of minutes as the maple syrup will separate to the bottom.
5. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix almond butter with 1 tsp of maple syrup.
6. Take tray out. Ingredients will be thicker but not solid yet. Take a about 1 tsp of almond butter and drop it in the center of each cup. press lightly so almond butter is almost covered and spreads slightly. Then pour remaining coconut butter mixture on each cup this will be probably be a little less than 1 TBSP in each.
7. Set in freezer again for about 30 minutes or until completely solid. When solid they are ready to eat. When ready to eat either take straight from freezer or you can let sit for 5 minute to soften. Store in freezer as these will become mushy if left out at room temperature because if the coconut oil!!