COLORADO SPRINGS — Several people in southern Colorado are working to make sure trick-or-treaters still have a chance at scoring some Halloween candy, despite the ongoing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment encourages alternatives to traditional, door-to-door trick-or-treating this year to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
The end of October is here, and it’s time for all of the ghosts and goblins to go trick-or-treating in search of sweets
List of several Truck-or-Treat or Trunk events:
- What: Dress up the entire family, pet, your car, whatever you fancy and join Golden Corral Buffet & Grill outside in the parking lot for Trunk or Treat!
- Where: 1970 Waynoka Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- When: 4 – 7 p.m.
- What: Participants will drive through Grand Peak Academy’s parking lot on the spooky path stopping at each decorated car to trick-or-treat. Families will not be leaving their cars.
- Where: Grand Peak Academy 7036 Cowpoke Road, Colorado Springs, CO, US 80908
- When: 6 – 8 p.m.
- What: BOOgie on down to The PEAK School of Dance parking lot for a socially distanced Trunk or Treat. It will be an evening full of fun, games, and prizes!
- Where: The PEAK School of Dance, 1610 W Garden of the Gods Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- When: 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Trick or Treat Street and canned food drive (4 canned goods per child for admission)
- What: A wide range of over 20 local businesses will be at each door to welcome kiddos with goodies. The whole event will take place indoors, starting in Squires Productions co-op portrait studio, though it is staged with an outdoor aesthetic.
- Where: 750 W Garden of the Gods Rd, #110, Colorado Springs, CO 80907-3506
- When: 5 – 8 p.m.
- What: The Farm Sports will be hosting an INDOOR Trunk-or-Treat at their all-inclusive athletic performance facility for the first-ever Festival of Frights at The Farm!
- Where: The Farm Sports – Lynmar 2660 Vickers Dr, Colorado Springs, CO, 80918
- When: 4 – 6 p.m.
- What: This FREE FUN family event features a Trunk-or-Treat, food trucks, hayrides, an outdoor movie, and CANDY! Please register here to reserve your spot.
- Where: Heart of the Springs Church 2726 N Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909
- When: 6 – 9 p.m.
- What: This is a safe event for families to trick-or-treat, and is supported by local businesses and the community. Kids 18 and under are able to bounce away with the Glow Lights for 30 minutes free in SkyZone (time based on number of guests and COVID: subject to change ).
- Where: Sky Zone Colorado Springs 1750 E Woodmen Rd, Colorado Springs, CO, 80920
- When: 3 – 7 p.m.
- What: To start, they will have a Trunk-or-Treat for all ages before Heady Halloween for 21+ people.
- Where: Elev8 Premier glass studio, 6331 E Platte Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80915-3705
- When: 4 – 6 p.m.
- What: FREE drive-thru event. Trick or Treat at our trunks while in the safety of your car. By appointment only. NO WALK UPS. One vehicle per appointment limited space available. Click here to register through Eventbrite.
- Where: Deerfield Hills Community Center & Sprayground 4290 Deerfield Hills Rd, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916
- When: 3 – 5 p.m.
- What: FREE, Socially Distant, and Safe Trunk or Treating at the Rocky Mountain Auto Brokers! All are welcome.
- Where: Rocky Mountain Auto Brokers 4929 Carrera Pt, Colorado Springs, CO, 80923
- When: 3 – 6 p.m.
- What: Bring your vehicle and decorate it as you please! Candy, food trucks, etc. Dress up and have some fun!
- Where: 4391 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918-2931
- When: 2 – 5 p.m.
- What: A safe trick-or-treat and truck contest. The Best and Scariest trucks each win $100 cash.
- Where: 4120 Clearview Loop S, Security, CO 80911
- When 4 – 6 p.m.
It’s the most spooktacular season of the year! Happy Halloween 🎃.