CAÑON CITY, Colo. -- The Colorado State Patrol is investigating a single-vehicle fatal crash that happened around 2:30 Saturday afternoon on Colorado Highway 50 about 11 miles east of Cañon City.
Troopers said a 22-year-old man from Walsenburg was driving a 1999 Ford F250 pickup eastbound when he lost control.
The truck crossed the center median and rolled, coming to rest on its roof. The driver and the passenger were both ejected. Officials said neither one was wearing a seat belt.
The two were transported by ambulance to Parkview Hospital in Pueblo with serious injuries. The woman, 20-year-old Makenna Parker, died at the hospital.
The driver was identified as Andrew Atkinson, 22, of Walsenburg.
Neither alcohol or excessive speed is suspected in the crash, which remains under investigation.
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man dies after altercation with Pueblo police
- Crash closes northbound Interstate 25 near Colorado City
- 1,600 kids and families take the Snowball Express to Dallas
- New owners raising money to restore "Michelle" sign in downtown Colorado Springs