COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- For weeks people were able to vote for USA Today's Best Zoo and Wildlife Safari Park in the U.S.
The votes have been counted and we've got great news for Colorado!
Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center in Divide took the top spot and was named best safari park.
Visitors to the wildlife sanctuary park in Divide get up close and personal with exotic and endangered animals from around the country and the world.
The center is also a non-profit and focuses on providing a safe haven for unwanted wolf-dogs. It believes in educating the public on how important wolves, coyotes and foxes are to our ecosystem.
The top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Here's the full list of winners:
- Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center - Divide, Colorado
- Lee G. Simmons Wildlife Safari Park - Ashland, Nebraska
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center - Glen Rose, Texas
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park - San Diego, California
- Bearizona - Williams, Arizona
- B. Bryan Preserve - Point Arena, California
- Lion Country Safari - Loxahatchee, Florida
- Safari West - Santa Rosa, California
- African Safari Wildlife Park - Port Clinton, Ohio
- The Wilds - Cumberland, Ohio
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- New owners raising money to restore "Michelle" sign in downtown Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs nurse practitioner launches mobile urgent care service
- Air Force Academy cadets rescue stranded hikers on Torreys Peak
- Man who admitted to killing prison guard denied new trial in death of daughter