COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The John Venezia Community Park in Colorado Springs officially opened Saturday, July 8.
Construction of the $13 million northside park began two years ago, and it's the first large park the city has dedicated in 10 years.
It will include the second fully inclusive playground in Colorado Springs for people who have any sort of limitation, among other amenities.
Mayor John Suthers was also on hand during the opening ceremony, taking a splash in the fun with all families who showed up.
"We have hundreds and hundreds of kids here, enjoying the water features, we got playing fields, by September we'll have pickleball courts, this is a fantastic community park," said Mayor Suthers.
The park is located near Briargate Parkway and Union Boulevard.
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- New owners raising money to restore "Michelle" sign in downtown Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs nurse practitioner launches mobile urgent care service
- Air Force Academy cadets rescue stranded hikers on Torreys Peak
- Man who admitted to killing prison guard denied new trial in death of daughter